Sunday, September 02, 2007
So the kids are back tomorrow. I never want to be one of those teachers who complains about starting back to work after 2 months holiday. I'm grateful for the opportunities that I have been afforded from the holidays that my job offers.
This summer has been a great adventure finished off with two weekends away with two different groups of brilliant friends, Doing Best Man for Gav last weekend in Scotland and Wiggy's stag this weekend.
I was chatting with some mates recently about what we would like our epitaphs to be. I said mine would be 'Lived Life to the Full'. I know this is cliched but here are some of the things that this means to me:
1. To daily work out my salvation for myself and follow the teachings of Jesus.
2. To care (really care) about the world and it's people, especially the poor and those struggling with injustice.
3. To the best of my ability, share in the pain of friends who are hurting.
4. To be passionate about the simple things that interest me (music, Liverpool FC, U2, The Last of the Mohicans etc).
5. To have a healthy body and mind.
6. To go the extra mile in my job even when not noticed.
7. To be the last person to go to bed at a party or night out.
I fail often in these but it's good to clarify and focus your mind at this time of year.